Sometimes I work on projects that never reached a final but fun to test with.. They will end up in the garage page.
Try it… It’s free but no support.
BlueDV Android AMBE ( DSTAR )
- ThumbDV DV3000U ( old or new models ) ( http://nwdigitalradio.com/products/ )
- Windows 7/10 PC
- Android tablet or phone
What to do:
- Download the Windows AMBE server from the following link. http://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV-AMBEServer/
- Install and run the BlueDV AMBE Server on a Windows 7 or 10 machine.
- Select the Serial port and correct baud rate. Press start and the AMBE3000 ( ThumbDV ) hardware will appear. If not.. Then you selected the wrong COM poort or used the wrong baud rate.
- Check the ip address of your Windows PC that is running the BlueDV AMBEServer.
- Install the BlueDV AMBE android version from the google BETA store. https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.pa7lim.BlueDVAMBE
- Now start BlueDV AMBE and go to setup. Enter your call and enter your Windows PC IP address at “AMBEServ IP”.
- Now you can connect to the AMBE Server by pressing the connect button.
- Now you can make DSTAR QSO’s and talk to your phone or tablet.
- Press the middle of the screen to PTT. ( keep in mind!! No kill timer. )
( You can also open port 2460 UDP on your internet router to use the Android device remotely. Then you have to specify the public internet ip in BlueDV AMBE )
If you already have an AMBEServer running on Linux, you can connect the BlueDV AMBE for Android to your existing AMBEServer.