BlueDV for Windows beta ( DMR, DSTAR and Fusion )
See new Peanut project ( development ) http://www.pa7lim.nl/peanut/
You can also run it on a Windows 10 tablet. ( Thanks Vince VE3ELB for the photos! )
Upgrade your DVMEGA to version 3.18 or higher!!!!! The DMR voice quality is much better on 3.18 and later!!
( hint for the new version!! Double click on the lower three boxes to switch between modes. Fun! )
BlueDV for windows is free DMR /DSTAR/Fusion hotspot software for your PC.
- DSTAR ( DEXTRA, DPLUS, DCS )
- FUSION ( YSF, FCS )
- DMR ( Brandmeister, DMR+ )
What you will need
- Windows 7 or above ( 32 or 64 Bits ) ( make sure you have .NET frameworks 4.5 or newer installed! )
- Intel PC or Windows 10 tablet
- DVMEGA with BlueStack ( you connect the DVMEGA and BlueStack directly on your PC via USB or Bluetooth)
What hardware to use
Combitronics sells a complete solution: Bundle
- DMR, DSTAR or FUSION radio
- ( new is the ThumbDV or DVMEGA DVStick 30 support ( DSTAR, DMR ). Download pre BETA version 9458 or newer. )
How it all works
- Download the software from http://software.pa7lim.nl/BlueDV/BETA/
- Plug the DVMEGA into your serial port. ( do not forget the switch on the BlueStack, push the red switch in! )
- Look in the Windows device manager on what port the DVMEGA is.
- Start the BlueDV windows application.
- Goto setup and fill in your Call, freq. etc..
- Press Connect.. Done!
No Raspberry PI needed! No Linux knowledge needed. Online in a few minutes.
If you own a DVMEGA and BlueStack, you can also use my other free app if you are traveling with your Android phone. See http://www.pa7lim.nl/bluedv/
If your hear an over modulated voice on DMR, please ask the amateur to disable AGC on his radio!!!
In the new BETA release of BlueDV for Windows it is possible to use a NWDR ThumbDV™ or DVMEGA DVStick 30. With the ThumbDV™ you can make a ( DSTAR or DMR ) QSO without a radio.
All you only need a Windows PC, ThumbDV™ DV3000 or DVMEGA DVStick 30 and a sound card ( headset is recommended to filter background noise ).
You can find more information about the AMBE 3000 stick here : http://www.pa7lim.nl/ambepage/
See operating manual for DMR on BlueDV. bluedv-windows-ambe
I am not a company! I just wrote the software for fun! ( I have no commercial link with DVMEGA, combitronics or others )
Hope you have a lot of fun with the software!! Was really fun to make it!!
If you have found a bug, please email me! Reporting bugs makes the software better and better!