Install the latest Raspbian on a Raspberry PI.
- The AMBEServer3000 software is free but without support!! ( You can report bugs )
- Make sure you have a 2.1A power supply. ( not a cheap 2.1A power supply )
- Only start with this installation if you have knowledge of Linux
- There is also a Windows 10 version available for this software
- Do not install the graphical version of Raspbian. This gives a lot of overhead
- Make sure you installed the latest version of Raspbian
- Change the default pi and root user password!!
- Do not forget to extend the disk partition in the raspi-config after installation of Debian
Download the AMBEServer3000 install script
wget https://www.pa7lim.nl/AMBEServer3000/installscript.sh -O /tmp/installscript.sh
Install the AMBEServer3000 software
sudo bash /tmp/installscript.sh
Edit the configuration file.
The default port for the AMBE3000 stick is /dev/ttyUSB0 when no other devices are connected to the computer.
[SERIAL] comport=/dev/ttyUSB0 [AMBEServer] UDPPort=2460 [LOG] # Never enable debug logging! debug=0 logfile=/var/log/AMBEServer3000.log
Start the AMBEServer3000
#To start the AMBEServer3000 systemctl start AMBEServer3000 #To enable AMBEServer3000 at boot systemctl enable AMBEServer3000
Have fun !!